Makeup is an art with more and more people going into it as a profession. It is quite difficult looking for a makeup artist for events on saturdays considering the fact that we want a flawless makeup and at the same time fabulous gele. I have come to know the tricks about getting a makeup artist for your weekend events especially now that more people are going into the act and not all are professionals. Makeup is wide and not all makeup artist are professionals in all fields, some are good in editorial makeup while others are perfect for bridal and weekend events like wedding. Choosing a makeup artist for your weekend events requires a makeup artist who is both a makeup and gele guru that will give you a flawless finish Still pondering on which makeup artist to call for this weekend’s event, check below;
1. Banke Meshilda Lawal: Banke Meshilda popularly known as @banksbmpro on instagram is the head makeup artist and CEO of BM-PRO with her own cosmetics line. She is one of the best makeup artist in Nigeria if not the best, she has her makeup studios in Lagos but she is also available to travel to anywhere around the world. We have seen her jobs on her instagram page and one thing you can count on is a flawless look.
2. House of Tara: Tara Fela Durotoye is the CEO of House of tara and the first indigenous makeup brand in Nigeria. She is the founder of the Tara Orekelewa makeup brands, with several makeup studios across Africa. Tara has grown from being a makeup artist to an entrepreneur which she has been creating a medium of inspiring upcoming entrepreneurs thereby employing other trained house of Tara makeup artist to take up from her.
makeup by houseoftara
3. Abekemakeovers: Oluwafunmilola Olurinola is the head makeup artist of abekemakeovers and the founder of abekegele. She is a gele technician and guru of the popular orente gele, she is no doubt one of the makeup artist that can calve the orente gele to perfection and she has made that her core business.
Makeup by Abekemakeovers
4. Oshewa Beauty: This young makeup artists and gele guru has created a name for herself in a very short while due to her flawless looks and diverse gele styles. We have seen countless number of timeS on her instagram page @oshewabeauty where she transforms a bride and any party rocker that visits her studio in Surulere axis of Lagos state for their makeovers.
makeup by oshewa
5. Eeswatmakeovers: Eeswat is the founder and CEO of eeswatmakeovers and her studio is situated in Lekki area of Lagos state. We got to know about eeswatmakeovers through her jobs. As a makeup artist your jobs should always speak for you and not the other way around. From her instagram page @eeswatmakeovers we could see that she is about to launch her own makeup brand.
Makeup by Eeswatmakeovers
6. Davesucre: David Onyedike a male makeup artist, head makeup artist and founder of davesucre studio which is located at Lekki. Davesucre has achieved so much in makeup artistry due to looks that he has been creating on celebrities and high personalities. He has done many video shoots with the Beyonce of Nigeria that is Tiwa Savage and all his jobs gives a flawless finish and that is why he is one of our pick.
makeup by davesucre
7. Doranne Beauty: Theodora Mogo is the head makeup artist of dorannebeauty with studio located at Lekki. She is also one of the fast growing makeup artist in Nigeria because of the subtle brows and a glowy face her jobs always gives.
Makeup by Doranne
8. Seggy’s Signature: Segun is a male makeup artist and a gele guru with his studio at Ikeja axis of Lagos state. We picked seggy’s signature because his looks are always without flaws and lines. He is also one of the brides transformer as he can transform a bride regardless of breakouts on the brides skin.
Makeup by Seggyssignature
9. Anita Brows: Anita Adetoye is the head makeup artist of anitabrows. One interesting thing about her looks is that you can always tell when you see the look she has created because of the glowy highlighting and faded but perfect brows.
makeup by Anitabrows
Ennieyapha: Eniola Ayoola is the head make up artist of ennieyapha makeovers with studio located in Surulere Lagos state. Ennieyapha is a lawyer turned makeup artist and she has grown so much in the makeup world and gathered lots of client base.
What other makeup artists do you know that we didn’t mention? Share with us below in the comment section.[mashshare text="This is my custom share text"]
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
Brought to You By MadivasMag