The best use of your weekend is to be engaged in something fulfilling and productive. I’ve always been a sucker for DIY projects, many times I have so much fun trying to work with my hands, and trying to create something beautiful, there’s nothing as fulfilling as seeing the beautiful finished product of your work.
This week why don’t you get busy and try to make good use of your free time by using beads to create a magnificent piece. Pearl beads are so fancy and attractive that some creative people decided to use it as a form of embellishment for shirts and it worked because an ordinary looking shirt transforms into an amazing looking piece in which we rush to the stores to get, but did you know you can get this done on your own?
This week I challenge you to get creative and here’s what you’ll need for an embellished collar with pearl beads;
- Shirt (old or new doesn’t really matter)
- Pearl beads
- Needle and thread.
What you should do;
- First arrange some beads on the collar of the shirt to figure how you would like them to appear.
- At the tip of the collar, sew in the beads, try sewing then at the top of the fabric so no threads will show at the underside.
- Continue with the sewing, increase and decrease the density of the beads.
- Repeat the same steps on the other collar.
Would you try this project at home this weekend or any other weekend? Leave your answers in the comment box below.[mashshare text="This is my custom share text"]
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
Brought to You By MadivasMag