The story of the kidnapped two-year-old girl who was taken by gunmen after her mother was killed during a traffic robbery at Asolo bus-stop, Ikorodu Road, has generated so much attention and sympathy of interested Nigerians who are praying for her release.

Faridah Alli-Balogun, the two-year-old girl, who was kidnapped has been freed. It was learnt that the girl was released by her captors after the family negotiated with the kidnappers and paid an undisclosed ransom.


Hello World

It had been reported that Aisha and two other persons were killed by the bandits, who also whisked away several victims after the operation through the waterways in the area.

Aisha was reportedly trying to flee the scene with her daughter when she was shot and her daughter abducted.

It was also reported that the assailants shot at people who ran into a bush around the bus stop, leading to more casualties.

It was gathered that the abductors had taken Fareeda and her mother’s friend to a deserted area and handed over transportation fare to the pregnant woman. The kidnappers got in touch with the father, who later gave them some money.

”The girl’s father was instructed to go and wait for them at a particular place but the gunmen dropped the girl and the woman at another place. The suspected kidnappers gave the woman some money for transportation to take the little girl home,” a source said.

The development had prompted the state Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, to seek details of the victims from their relatives to assist in the police rescue mission and the arrest of the suspects.

The robbers fired shots killing some people while some other persons were kidnapped. No family member of those involved has shown up. The CP implored the relatives of the victims should report at the nearest police station. It is when we have information about the victims that we can act more decisively,”

A source close to the family told our correspondent on Tuesday that Faridah was released after negotiation,

“The father negotiated with the kidnappers and the baby was released. But he does not want to say anything about the incident for now. The police were not instrumental to the release of the girl,” he said.

A source revealed that Faridah regained freedom at about 8pm on Monday, adding that she was in good condition.

He said, “Faridah has been reunited with the family and she is very fine. The father does not want further publicity about the situation.”

The Police Public Relations Officer in Lagos, SP Dolapo Badmos, also confirmed that Faridah had regained her freedom.

[mashshare text="This is my custom share text"]

If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!

Brought to You By MadivasMag