I love love Ankara, seriously who doesn’t, also known as dutch wax, Holland wax or African print the Ankara was introduced to this part of the continent a long time ago when the Indonesian market it was intended for refused the fabric. Now forever known as the African print, the Ankara fabric has found its way across the world, mainstream fashion designers have began to incorporate this fabric into their designs and its a huge leap also that our African designers have been able to create breathtakingly unique pieces using the fabric.
The reason why this fabric found a home in this part is because subsequent designers show a motif and patterns of tribal marks reflective of Africa. The Ankara fabric is super versatile and has been used to create all kinds of accessories from shoes, to bags, to socks, to jewelries and so on, its a never ending circle of inspiration for this print.
Here are 7 reasons and 7 pictures that show the strength and fabulous of the Ankara fabric culture;
- The colors are just amazing and when you pair them with the right accessory it just gives you life.
- An androgynous style can’t be overlooked, this fabric is so versatile it doesn’t select gender.
- The patterns on the fabric and the way they blend is just amazing and you can turn them into something special.
- Whether its a traditional style or not this fabric can hold its head both ways.
- The fabric can be paired with other fabric.
- A touch of detail using this fabric is all you need to make an outfit come alive.
- Whats stopping you from pulling it off in the coolest way?
I love this fabric!!![mashshare text="This is my custom share text"]
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
Brought to You By MadivasMag