Imagine after workout, you see your weave extensions are all messed up and if you are the type that sweat a lot on the scalp during workout this keeps making your weaves difficult to comb and all you want is to keep fit but it seems your beautiful weave is getting frizzy. As if that isn’t enough, the weaves are just a week old and it already smells like damp clothes. How do you have our cake and eat……
So here are some tips to help maintain those weaves during workout
- Try as much as possible to keep your hair away from your face or neck. Pull it in a high ponytail or bun. Don’t try a low ponytail because of your neck and shoulders. Ensure it isn’t a very tight ponytail so as not pull out your weaves. (too tight ponytails can also cause headaches)
- Use headbands or silk scarves to help keep the weave in place. Headbands can also help to absorb sweat from the forehead and scalp.
- Clean your scalp with antiseptic moisturizer after work out. This can help prevent bacteria or mildew and also provide the scalp with proper nutrients needed. You try the tea tree oil; it is known to also prevent tangling of hair.
- Wash your weave with mild pH balanced shampoo at least after each use. You can do this yourself (don’t forget lukewarm water should used and endeavor to blow dry the weave after washing) or in the salon.
- Applying leave-in conditioner or deep conditioner to your weaves can help to bring back its natural bounce and smelling fresh.
- Never go to bed with wet weaves. Wrap your hair in a satin scarf and don’t tie too tight so as prevent tangling. For wavy hair, matte before going to bed.
Keep fit and healthy with your weaves. I hope I have been helpful with these tips? I would love to hear from you guys, feel free to leave your comments in the comment box *kisses[mashshare text="This is my custom share text"]
Brought to You By MadivasMag