Would you feel confident about going without polish today or are your nails looking a little worse for wear? If you use nail polish often, the chances are you may have one of the most commonly experienced side effects of repeat applications of nail polish: yellowing nails. Sure you can keep hiding them with more bright polish, but that can stifle healthy nail growth.
Unfortunately, yellowing nails are the kind of thing that makes us want to immediately cover up our fingertips again. If you’ve got a bad case of yellow nails bumming you out, there are two things you should know: It’s important to address the issue and it’s easily fixable.
Here are some ways you can do to fix and prevent yellowing of nails…
- Most often, yellowing of the nails is caused by staining from color polishes, so it’s important to always apply a clear base coat to protect the nails before adding layers of bright color. Plus, it will help your manicure last longer.
- Use an acetone nail polish remover in exacerbating the yellow tint. Always reach for a non-acetone nail polish remover when taking off your color.
- Using whitening toothpaste can be used to brighten yellowed nails. Simply apply a bit of whitening toothpaste to each nail and rub it in. Let it sit for a few minutes then wash off with water.
- Real lemon juice can be used to whiten yellowed nails. Simply slice a lemon and squeeze the juice into a bowl you can fit your fingertips in. Let your nails soak for 5 to 10 minutes, repeating as necessary, then moisturize well afterward.
- Another common cause of yellow nails is a fungal infection. Fungus-infected nails can turn all sorts of colors and may also cause other nail issues such as flaking, peeling, and an unpleasant odor. Again, see your doc if you think your nails may be yellow due to a fungal infection.
Don’t cover your nails at the first sign of yellowing, be sure to explore any health problems that might be related, and don’t be afraid to give your nails a week or two to recuperate from constant polish. A little breather now and then will help your nails stay strong![mashshare text="This is my custom share text"]
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
Brought to You By MadivasMag