We all know crotchet braids are super easy hairstyle’s to make, they are easy and fast to fix, if you can be settled enough, you can even do it yourself. Crotchet braids are nice because you get your hair done neatly in little amount of time and it is also convenient.
Caring for your crotchet might look a little tricky but they are quite easy to maintain but you shouldn’t wash them as you usually would wash your own hair or even a weave, you will be at the risk of loosening the knots. Averagely you can wear your crotchet between 3 to 8 weeks. Some people don’t wash their hair while they wear crochets. You can probably get away with this if you don’t leave them in for too long.
Follow these easy guides to care for your crotchet braids:
- Use a spray bottle of watered down shampoo, spray your scalp with the mixture.
- You can lightly massage your scalp with the pads of your fingers. (you can wash the braids softly to avoid loosening it)
- Then gently rinse out the mixture you used to clean your scalp
- Condition the added hair as you would condition your normal hair. Then rinse out the conditioner.
- Condition your own corn-rowed hair by spraying it with a light mixture of leave-in conditioner.
- Finish by lightly adding a moisturizer to your hair and the added hair and sealing with an oil.
You can wash and condition the added hair, but it really depends on the type of hair as well as your own personal preference. Make sure your hair dries thoroughly, so you don’t run into the rare issue mildew forming in your hair. Some people moisturize the crochet hair as well, some don’t. It is advisable that you wash your braids once in two weeks if plan to carry it for a longer time.
[mashshare text="This is my custom share text"]
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
Brought to You By MadivasMag