Everybody loves plantain. I’m yet to meet someone who does love the awesomeness of plantain. Next to yams, plantains come second as the main staple source of food for Nigerians. Plantain is an all year available staple food which is easy to find and very cheap.
They are so many ways to eat plantain; they can be boiled, fried and roasted. It can also be dried and grinded into flour to make amala. However, Nigerians love fried plantain which is usually eaten with a lot of foods. But there is yet another amazing way to enjoy plantain which is what we would be learning today.
Stuffed Baked Plantain – roasted plantains filled with seasoned ground meat, tomatoes, onions, bell pepper, and spices, topped with cheese for lunch, dinner or even breakfast. This recipe is easy to make, instead of frying the plantains, you can easily bake them in the oven to cut out some calories.
However when buying plantains it is important to get the correct one; It is should be ripe, yellow and firm, Not overly ripe (Dark skin) because it would end up mushy.
- 2 ripe plantains
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Gizzard or minced meat
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1/4 green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/2 scotch bonnet
- 1 small tomato
- Spring onions (for garnishing)
- Parsley (for garnishing)
- Peel plantain and make a slit down the middle. Brush with melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400F and bake plantain for 40 minutes
- Dice all the vegetables (onions, peppers, tomatoes, garlic, ginger etc) and cut gizzard into small bits
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan and lightly fry gizzard till half cooked then add the veggies and cook till tender
- Take plantain out of oven once cooked and stuff with the gizzard
- Garnish with parsley and spring onions.
- Serve immediately with a side of pepper sauce
Have a wonderful weekend!!![mashshare text="This is my custom share text"]
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
Brought to You By MadivasMag