An Ebonyi State teacher and her four children have been mysteriously killed as a result of kerosene explosion in Ozizza, Afikpo area of the state.
Report has it that there was serious commotion in this area as the woman and her four children died in kerosene explosion. The oldest child was aged six while the last was six months old.
The woman identified as Mrs Faith Ejim- Egwu, was said to have been recently posted to the Unity Secondary School in the area. She was said to be boiling something on the Christmas eve at about 7.30 pm when she took out her last child to bath her while the other three children were already asleep. Unfortunately at a point, she was said to have noticed that the fire on the stove was low and went inside the kitchen of her two- room apartment with the child she was bathing to ascertain the problem.
Police sources say that it was in the process of ascertaining the problem that the stove exploded and fire engulfed the whole kitchen. It was also gathered that the woman tried to open the kitchen and escape with her child but the door could not open as the jam lock” had stiffened.
Thus, outsiders who noticed the inferno could also not open the kitchen as the fire spread to the whole house and burnt the three children who were sleeping in their room beyond recognition. When the kitchen door was eventually forced open, both the mother of the children and the little child had become unconscious but the sympathisers took her to a nearby hospital which was unable to treat them .
The victims were rushed to a second hospital where she managed to say few words before dying on the Christmas day. Her six month- old child died three hours after her mother even as her husband who rushed home from his own location collapsed on arrival but was later revived.
The story has been confirmed and attributed to be strange by a neighbour who identified himself as Emma Anyim.
[mashshare text="This is my custom share text"]
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
Brought to You By MadivasMag