Yamarita fries is another way of eating yam differently, if you love fried yam, then this recipe would make you fall in love with it more. Yamarita keeps your yam soft and crispy and it tastes nicer with the egg and flour mixture.
- Cayenne pepper
- Garlic powder
- Curry powder
- Black Pepper
- Powdered bouillon (optional)
- Peel the yam and cut into rectangles about 1 inch wide and ½ inch thick and rinse and drain
- Put the yam slices inside a Pot, add water about the level of the Yam, also add a ½ Teaspoon of salt and let it cook for about 7 minutes
- Drain off the excess Water and transfer the Yam to a bowl of cold Water to stop the cooking process
- once the yam have cooled, drain off the water and set aside
- Crack the Eggs in a Bowl, add a pinch of Salt and Cayenne Pepper to your taste and whisk together also set that aside
- In a separate Bowl add the Flour, Garlic powder, Curry powder, Thyme, Black Pepper and Bouillon and mix together
- Now deep the yam (One at a time if possible ) in the Egg and Flour mixture respectively making sure the Yam is well coated
- Heat up the Oil and fry the Yam turning halfway between until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite sauce or eat as is.
Watch the video below to see how the yamarita is prepared…
Video Source: Nigeriafoodtv
Would you prepare yamarita fries? Share your thoughts with us in the comment box.
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
Brought to You By MadivasMag