A muffin is an individual-sized, baked quick bread product. Muffins are quite similar to cupcakes in size and cooking methods, the main difference being that cupcakes tend to be sweet desserts using cake batter and which are often topped with sugar frosting. Muffins are available in both savory varieties, such as cornmeal and cheese muffins, or sweet varieties such as blueberry, chocolate chip or banana flavours.
- Baking powder
- Grounded cinnamon
- Grounded nutmeg
- Vanilla extract
- Fresh eggs
How to prepare
- Heat the oven to 190 degrees C. Melt butter and allow to cool.
- Mash bananas well. Sift the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a large bowl, add caster sugar and stir with a fork.
- Beat together eggs, vanilla extract, melted butter and milk in a second bowl. Add the mashed banana and stir.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the egg mixture, stir roughly with a fork until a lumpy paste is formed.
- Set paper cases into the moulds, or grease the moulds well with a little extra oil or butter and spoon in the mixture until almost full. Top each one with a walnut kernel if you like.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the muffins come away from the side of the pan when touched.
- Rest the muffin tray on a wire rack for five minutes then remove the muffins and leave on the rack for another five minutes before serving.
Serve the muffins with sliced banana and a dollop yoghurt, scattered with walnuts and drizzled with honey.[mashshare text="This is my custom share text"]
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
Brought to You By MadivasMag