I can’t say if I’ve been anticipating this rainy season time of the year or not. Apart from this type of Lagos rain that never stops but keeps drizzling, I think I’m enjoying this weather because it’s chilly and cool hence no sweating. But then nobody gets to dictate how the weather should be, all that’s needed is to know how well to adapt right to the weather.
It’s in your best interest to let the weather dictate how you dress. It can definitely be tough to dress for a rainy day because there are so many things to consider. From what type of material you can wear (suede shoes are a no-go) to how to stay dry without sacrificing style, dressing well when it’s the rainy season requires a little planning in advance.
It’s about time you gave some serious thought to waterproofing your look this season but before going ahead with that, here are some tips you should know
- You might need an solid outer layer to stay warm in this wet weather. Whichever style you opt for, you need to bear in mind the type of fabric, it should be from a fabric that can absorb heat and warm the body.
- You need a Rubber soled Footwear: Be it sandals or shoes, a rubber soled footwear is needed to navigate around the town this wet weather. However, sticking to covered shoe-styles that are short and sleek to keep the feet out of puddles and dry.
- A sturdy Umbrella can be a great accessory to invent in and it is only common sense to take an umbrella when its raining. An umbrella can fend some of the rain away
- Keep it sturdy in a black colored outfits.With this time of the year, wearing white shoes and a trousers may not be the best choice. To stay clean all day, pair darker colours at the bottom with shirts or dresses with lightweight quick-to-dry fabrics .
- Plastic Bag: To avoid getting your leather bags and the items in them wet, it will be better to get a fancy jelly bag or plastic carrier bag that will serve the purpose of shielding your items while also making you stylish.
- Moisturizers: Moisturizers come in handy when you wash off dirt stains off your legs and hands and still keep your body hydrated.
- Sweater or Cardigan: Living in a rainy country means it is often best for us to invest in a stylish yet effective sweater to help switch up your looks
Wet weather needn’t mean sacrificing your style standards in order to stay dry. By taking heed of these essential pointers, you get to have fashion style for this rainy season.
What are your wet-weather weapons? How do you keep dry in style as you make your way to the office?
Let us know in the comments section…[mashshare text="This is my custom share text"]
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
Brought to You By MadivasMag