I’m sure you are wondering what type of meal this is, for those that haven’t heard about Couscous, it is a rice meal that originated from North Africa made from semolina and commonly found among the hausa’s but obviously eaten by all as it is a Nigerian food. So since it is the weekend and perhaps you want a change from the normal norm of Sunday Jollof rice, try Couscous. I’m sure you will love it especially if you cook it the fried rice way. For a fun-filled Sunday, here is how to make the Couscous,the fried rice way.
Ingredients (depending on the number of people you are cooking for)
- 1 pack of Couscous
- 2 cups of beef or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- freshly chopped vegetables (onions, spring onions, sweet corn, green peas, carrots, red and green pepper,tomatoes)
- 1/2 teaspoon of red or black pepper
- 1 cube of maggi
- salt to taste
- Gently boil the stock and add the couscous, cover tightly. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes
- Add the oil to a pan and gently heat. Add the chopped vegetables and the red or black peppr with maggi and salt, toss and allow to cook for about 2 minutes
- Lightly fluff the couscous with a fork and add the vegetable mixture, stir well for even spread of the vegetables
- Taste, add more salt or maggi for desired taste and allow to simmer for few minutes
- Remove from heat and Your Couscous is ready to be served
Depending on your preference, you can serve with diced liver (just like in fried rice), minced meat, beef or fish,turkey or chicken as you so desire.
Try couscous this Sunday and let’s know your take on it or perhaps you have another way of cooking it, let’s know about it, all in the comment box. We’d like to hear from you.
Have a wonderful Sunday!!!
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
Brought to You By MadivasMag