Mixing prints is somethings that many of us discover by mistake, while some of us have come across it several times on the internet, we still find it difficult to get it right. Out of the 100% that tries to mix and match prints only about 10% get it right which is a sad percentage.
Now how do we work with prints? Naturally mixing prints is done by people who are adventurous, only fashion enthusiast understands what it takes to mix and match prints but we are here to tell you how you can mix and match prints like the fashion bloggers (Pro’s).
The following rules and guides are of the essence when it comes to this style trend and they are thus;
- Mixing print 101 says, the prints should have at least one color in common.
- But first you have to start off small, get to know your colors, try to work inversely.
- Also from my time studying prints mixing and patterns, for your first trial, mix outfits with the same patterns but different colors, this sounds odd but trust me when I say it works.
- Matching colors like I said is Mixing print 101 but you can also combine neighboring colors in the color palette.
- Another cool way to mix and match prints like a pro would be to pick two different prints that share the same color.
- when two prints have the tendency to dominate, you wouldn’t like the outcome so choose one print that would dominate and another to serve as an accent.
- Prints and patterns come in different scales, but its safer to mix prints in the same scale.
There are certainly so many ways you can Mix and Match prints like a pro, The above rules would guide you and the pictures below would serve as an inspiration.
Okay so are you in love with mixing prints already, I know I have fallen in love once again and I think I can safely assume that this tips on how to mix and match prints like a pro has gotten you to a whole other level now.
Do you love prints, would you mix and match them? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
Brought to You By MadivasMag