So I got a special request and I’ve decided to follow up on it, you see am a bit of a foodie( I say this because I don’t eat all kinds of food) and I love to make food and try out new styles of making food and I also believe “a happy stomach is a happy life” (my own quote yay! me). Anyways I decided why not put up a recipe that I’ve been dying to try since I got a request to put up a food recipe anyways, with this thought in mind I stormed Dooneys kitchen and decided to share the recipe with you guys and I hope you make a dish of your own following this instructions.
Now dunni calls this meal the surf and turf otong soup and its really just a mixture of sea food and land food so here is what you need:
- Assorted mests- goat meat, beef, saki and cowleg (you can add pomo too).
- Generous amount of meat stock.
- stock fish
- smoke fish
- palm oil
- smoked fish
- smoked red prawn
- yellow pepper
- handful of ugu
- yellow pepper or red pepper
- salt and any seasoning you like to use
Am just going out on a limb here because I prepare okra soup myself, so if you love spices like me then I think you should season your meat with Cameroon pepper, ginger and garlic (just a little bit of this) or just simply get the powder form.
- Boil and then season your meats, smoked fish, smoke prawns with 1 seasoning cubes and salt.
- Blend your yellow or red pepper and add it into the already boiling stock.
- Add a little palm oil (a cooking or spoon or a cooking spoon and a half).
- And allow to simmer for a bit
- Next you add the fresh seafood and turn down the heat because seafood should not be over cooked.
- Now allow the seafood cook till the crabs become coral and the prawns become pink.
- Add the okra you can either grate, pound or hand cut, this here is hand cut. Then add the ugu or uziza or both, stir well and let it cook for about five minutes.
- Finish with extra helping of crayfish to improve the flavor also add a little hot water.
- Tear and through in the smoked fish and then turn off the heat. Cover the pot and allow it simmer so that the flavors would be well absorbed.
Note: You can add some more pepper if its not hot enough for you
There you have it your very own surf and turf otong soup.
What do you think about this surf and turf otong soup? Do you absolutely love it? do you think you would try it?
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
See a Style You Like? Download Madivas Pictures By RightClicking on the Pictures and Saving It.
Brought to You By MadivasMag