In today’s world hoodies have become more popular than ties, what this means is simple, most jobs this days are done from the comfort of one’s home, hence the term. This days things are done quite differently but that doesn’t take away from the importance of professional etiquette.
Professional Etiquette is very very important, it helps you to gain ground and respect from people around your industry. Its important for a modern woman to acquire professional etiquette, scroll down to see the professional Etiquette you need to fast track your growth and help you gain respect among your peers and those you meet along the way;
- Always wait to be far away from ear shot before you discuss your personal feelings about a just concluded meeting. Its important to always stay formal in most situations.
- Always introduce yourself with both your first and last name, whether its in a business meeting or networking. You should always repeat the name of the person you are meeting for the first time e.g “Nice to meet you Grace”.
- As a professional woman, you never know where you might find yourself so you should always have a handful of business cards with you everywhere you go.
- Email Etiquette is also very important, you have to stay on top of your email at all time. Remember to respond to emails quickly because it gives off a positive feedback.
- Politeness is an important feature of being professional but you have to minimize the way you use “Thank you”. Its advice-able to use this word sparingly.
- Whenever you have a business meeting over a meal, it is important to follow the other persons lead, it doesn’t look good if one person is eating and the other is twirling thumb.
- Always pay when you are the one that asked somebody out for a meal, whether its your co-worker or a business meal. Its embarrassing to be caught arguing over the bill.
- Its important to orchestrate the perfect exit. Discuss, be sensible, make it easy for your guest and when you are done finish off with “I will keep you updated, thank you for your time”.
Have you learnt something? Whats the biggest business error you’ve committed and what did you learn from it? Share with us in the comment box below
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
Brought to You By MadivasMag