Maxi dresses are a timeless staple, since the start of contemporary clothing maxi dresses have never gone out of trend, each year their styles and cuts are simple revamped. Maxi dresses are super comfy,simply and stylish and that’s why they are forever a no one choice, there is always a debate on how to style maxi dresses and what type of maxi dresses suit each body type well here are tips on how to style and pick the maxi dress that suits you best.
First of the do’s and don’ts of maxi dresses include:
- When you want to layer up your maxi dress make sure your sweater or jacket hits right at your waist line because anything below will add inches to your figure.
- V-neck styles help to elongate your body while waist cinching maxi dresses helps to define your waist.
- Always go for maxi dresses that have the proper fit, anything else would just make you seem under or over sized
- Waist belt goes a long way especially for busty women
- Avoid maxi dresses with too much material or unnecessary ruffles if they over power your body structure.
- Maxi dresses with sleeves also looks fab, so try those with sleeves if you are self conscious about your arms.
- Keep your maxi dress looking simple, do not over accessorize and over crowd your dress this would simple make it look bulky.
- Its important to get maxi dresses that suit your shoes, not all maxi dresses go with some kind of shoe. and always consider the length of your dress and how well you can walk with them in high heels or flats.
The Right Maxi Dress For Your Body Type:
1. Pear Shape
Since a pear shaped woman has wide hips and thighs compared to the top half of their body, maxi dresses that draw attention to the top half of their body is ideal. A V-neck sleeveless maxi dress, halter neck straps or thin spaghetti strap maxi dress will emphasize your shoulders also the empire waist-line dress would emphasize on both angles of your body.
2. Plus Size
The plus size woman has an ample hour glass figure, opt for bright colors to enhance your body, maxi dresses with empire waist, plunging neckline and wide bra friendly straps are your best bet.
For smallish ladies its essential to emphasize your mid section, look for styles with gathered waist band or add a waist belt. If you want to appear taller then make sure the length does not overwhelm you.
4. Apple Shape
Maxi dresses with eye catching prints helps a pair shaped lady appear trim, also strapless maxi dresses draws the focus to your shoulder, graphic prints with hour glass illusion creates a wow factor too.
5. Straight Shape
Maxi dresses that create curves are your best bet, go for pleats, tiers, gathers, ruffles and floaty fabrics as they all suit your shape and would help soften your figure.[yop_poll id=”301″]
Leave all comments in the comment box below.
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
See a Style You Like? Download Madivas Pictures By RightClicking on the Pictures and Saving It.
Brought to You By MadivasMag