Here are some tips to guide you on taking care of your weaves:
1) Wrap hair at night with a silk scarf and stocking to hold down the scarf so that you protect the weave from tangling.
2) If your weave is curly then braid 4 sections of the weave at night to ensure no tangling.
3) Depending on the quality of your extensions wash as least as possible.
If extensions are Indian remy or top quality, try to wash once a week, but if your extensions are yaki or average grade of human hair i do not wash at all, this is because cheaper extensions have a silicone coat over the hair so once you wash it it will become very hard, coarse and matted.
4) Remember that extensions are not your real hair.
You must treat them with a lot of care and be very gentle.
Try to only style weave using heat maximum twice a week.
When sleeping make sure that the closure piece is held down firmly so that the closure will flatten with time
As extensions have been cut at the track, a little bit of shedding is normal
5) Try not to pull your weave back into a pony tail too much or too tightly, always be conscious of your front baby hairs
At least once a week go through the rows of your braid base and gently apply moisturising hair and scalp cream (eg, Coconut oil, Shea butter, lotion)Dont put any form of grease of or oil on your weave ( eg olive oil sheen, polish) This will make it look cheap, synthetic and very heavy.
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
See a Style You Like? Download Madivas Pictures By RightClicking on the Pictures and Saving It.
Brought to You By MadivasMag