Whether its the itching or the unsightly white flakes, dandruff’s are really annoying and the fact that you need to figure out what the reason for your dandruff is adds to your annoyance. What causes dandruff ? Well its caused by skin cells that grow faster than you can shed so that means your dandruff might be as a result of dry scalp. Dandruff can also come as a result of irritated skin, oily scalp condition, fungal infection, psoriasis or eczema.
- When getting rid of dandruff the first step to take is getting a shampoo that is formulated with active ingredients that attack the specific root cause of the dandruff, once you find the product that works for you, use this product everyday for a few weeks and then every few days after that switching up medicated and un-medicated because medicated can be drying.
- Salicyclic Acid helps to loosen and dislodge the skin scales (dandruff) so you can create a DIY shampoo at home by adding two crushed un-coated aspirin (it contains salicyclic acid) into a normal shampoo.
- Look out for anti dandruff shampoo that contains zinc pyrithione because it stops fungus and bacteria ( the two causes of dandruff) from growing further.
- Another ingredient to look out for is the selenium sulfide which helps to kick out excess scalp fungus. it also helps slow the shedding and it helps to soothe the scalp. (Head&Shoulders clinical strength is a good choice).
- Tea tree oil is a common ingredient for a lot of things and that includes dandruff , look for a shampoo that has this an ingredient, rub it on your scalp and leave for a few minute before you wash off.
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
Brought to You By MadivasMag