The HEADIES as we all know is a prestigious award show that has been going on now for the past 11 years (2016 makes it 11). This award show started out as the hip Hop Tv awards and as is typical of all other awards the show was to celebrate and honor musicians that have done well within the year (The year according to the Hip Hop awards which starts from June of a year to July of the next).
Top artiste and veterans like the Legendary 2face Idibia, P-square, D’banj, Sound Sultan, wizkid (who won yet another headies this year, but I digress) Olu maintain, Da’grin, Mode-nine and a host of other top artiste are and have been recipients of these award.
Like many other Interesting awards ceremony, the Headies have not been void of drama. Last year at the headies Olamide called Don Jazzy out and who can forget the Epic response, the whole internet sphere was buzing with the news of how they had both started 2016 with a “Beef” thankfully Aliko Dangote squased that.
This year however they might not have been an Epic call out but that doesn’t mean the headies was void of awkwardness, since I was live and Direct at the venue lets look at 5 things from the 2016 headies award no one would tell you about, no one except me (Wink)
1. Ever heard of that awkward moment? Well it happened at the headies when no one was willing to accept Simi’s award for best Vocal Performance. The crowd however cheered for FALZ (who happens to be a co-host for the awards) to come forward and accept the awards but he didn’t show. Looks like the chemistry died at the studio.
2. We’ve all heard about the Ubi Franklin and Lilian Esoro marriage drama. Well the couples attended the award show but Ubi wasn’t sited with his wife, instead he was in-between AY Makun and KC Presh. This two keep fueling Separation rumors ummm….
3. Another weird moment happened when Illbliss won the awards for best Lyricist and best rap album over guys like Reminisce, Mode Nine… The crowd was at no time pleased, they even booed a little. Looks like his fans were a no show.
4. The best presentation (yes it wasn’t all about awkward moments) of the night was Funke Akindele aka Jenifa and Adaku presented the awards for best collaboration of the year which Simi and Falz won for their hit Soldier. These ladies had jokes, they were hilarious. 5 stars from me.
5. The night was mr Eazi’s as he won the award for next rated, yea am sure thats the headline on news site but did you know he was a crowd favorite. They chanted his name before it was even called. Its safe to say the crowd was well pleased. Sorry Ycee I rooted for you.
6. This is a bonus by the way, did wizkid just shade ceaser (Eva Alordiahs Fiance) did he intentionally avoid that hug or does my eyes deceive me? Well I guess its a bit awkward but am sure he didn’t intentionally miss that hug he’s eyes was focused on Eva afterall.
There are so many moments from the show like; Wizkid showing up late into the show and the crowd could not contain themselves, they couldn’t contain themselves for 2face Idibia as well. Falz mimicking boborisky aka Oshey Baddest (famous nigerian cross dresser, queen of snap chat and bleaching expert; for those of you who don’t know) at the end of the show and Phyno’s odd acceptance speech (at least he showed up unlike some people; not mentioning names but you know yourself)
There was also the fact that KC presh decided to leave his rainbow colored ensemble at home as he was dressed in all black (2 stars for his look) and Aramide entrance to perform was cartoon like (no swag) and the all round floral patterned suit which would be a faux pas on a normal day but because she performed with Rasquimono (who I heart) and its the headies she gets a pass.
There are definitely moments from the show so if you missed it, well….
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at [email protected] Who knows? We might just feature you!
Brought to You By MadivasMag