Prickly heat also known as heat rash is a type of skin irritation which affects anyone from infants to the elderly. This occurs when blocked sweat ducts trap perspiration under your skin. One experiences different kinds of symptoms including small fluid-filled bumps to severe itching. Heat rashes are easily preventable and usually clear on their own. As every problem has a solution, rashes can be prevented.
These are the five best ways to prevent heat rashes;
1. Cool Bath: Draw a cool bath to reduce the itching and redness. This can soothe heat rash and help decrease inflammation. Also sprinkle water with baking soda, uncooked oatmeal or colloidal oatmeal, so as to calm your skin.
2. Apply calamine lotion: It is appropriate to apply a calamine lotion or non-prescription anti-itch cream to relieve heat rash, itching, and inflammation. Apply the cream once a day after your bath to the affected area.
3. Apply anhydrous lanolin: Rub an anhydrous lanolin cream on your skin if you have a heat rash. This may help prevent your skin ducts from blocking and may keep new lesions from forming. Do this after bathing.
4. Cold compress: Apply a cold compress to relieve itching and inflammation. Cold packs or compresses can help relieve itching and inflammation associated with heat rash by constricting blood flow and cooling the skin. Place a cold compress on your rashes intermittently for ten to fifteen minutes, once every two hours or as needed
5. Avoid scratching. It’s ideal to avoid scratching as this can irritate the rash, or cause other problems, including a skin infection.
These are just the simple ways to prevent heat rashes.
What other ways/methods have you used to reduce heat rash? Share with us in the comment box below.
If you have got an amazing style game and you want to showcase it to the world. Send us an email at email@example.com. Who knows? We might just feature you!
See a Style You Like? Download Madivas Pictures By RightClicking on the Pictures and Saving It.
Brought to You By MadivasMag